This 1948 Jaguar Mark IV was built on April 13, 1948, and is one of a reported 376 left-hand-drive Drophead Coupes produced. It is finished in black with a French Grey three-position soft top over a black leather interior, and power comes from a numbers-matching 3.5L inline-six paired with a four-speed manual transmission. The car was sold new at International Motors in Seattle, Washington, and is said to have spent 43 years with the original owner before moving to New Jersey with the second owner. RM Auto Restoration of Chatham, Ontario, Canada was commissioned to restore the car in the early 1990s, and included records document nearly $87k CAD in work performed. The car returned to New Jersey following the restoration and remained with the second owner until the late owner’s purchase in 2014. This 3.5L Drophead Coupe is now offered on behalf of the late owner’s widow with a factory tool kit, records from the refurbishment, a Jaguar Heritage Trust Certificate, and a transferable New York registration.
The body was refinished in black as part of a restoration that was completed in 1993. Work during the project included disassembly, metal repairs, and polysurfacing prior to the final paint and polish. The French Grey convertible top features chromed iron landau supports and can be partially rolled back to create a half-roof, or completely opened by folding the rear section. Other equipment consists of lighted trafficators located behind each door, a polished Jaguar ornament atop the radiator cap, and chrome running lamps moun